Adult: In combination with sulfur and chloroxylenol, as 1.25%.
Warnings / Precautions
|Do not apply on broken skin or large areas of the skin for a prolonged period or in high concentrations. Caution when used in children. May discolour urine.
|Local irritation, skin sensitization. Hyperpigmentation in patients with dark skin; darkening of light-colored hair.
Potentially Fatal: Systemic effects and convulsions.
Mechanism of Actions
|Resorcinol has keratolytic properties for the treatment of acne and seborrhoeic skin conditions. It is commonly used with sulfur in topical preparations.
| D10AX02 - resorcinol ; Belongs to the class of other topical preparations used in the treatment of acne.
S01AX06 - resorcinol ; Belongs to the class of other antiinfectives. Used in the treatment of eye infections.
Resorcinol Containing Brands
Resorcinol is used in following diseases
Drug - Drug Interactions of Resorcinol
- FDA approves Ruconest for treatment of hereditary angioedema
- FDA recommend against aspirin to prevent First Heart Attacks
- FDA approves Pomalyst (pomalidomide) for advanced multiple myeloma
- FDA approves three new drug treatments for type 2 diabetes
- Long-term consequences of vaginal delivery on the pelvic floor