Softening of ear wax
Adult: Use bid for several days prior to ear syringing.
Adult: Instill 100-500 ml warmed to around 32°C to soften impacted faeces.
Adult: Apply to the scalp and rub in gently about an hour before washing to soften crust.
Warnings / Precautions
|May irritate the eyes; avoid applying near the eyes.
|Mild diarrhoea (high doses).
Mechanism of Actions
|Olive oil is used clinically for a number of different purposes: as a nutrient, laxative, faecal softener, ear wax softener and demulcent. It has also been used as a vehicle for oily suspensions for inj.
Olive Oil Containing Brands
Olive Oil is used in following diseases
Drug - Drug Interactions of Olive Oil
- FDA approves Ruconest for treatment of hereditary angioedema
- FDA recommend against aspirin to prevent First Heart Attacks
- FDA approves Pomalyst (pomalidomide) for advanced multiple myeloma
- FDA approves three new drug treatments for type 2 diabetes
- Long-term consequences of vaginal delivery on the pelvic floor