Disorders associated with reduced gastrointestinal motility
Adult: As anhydrous citrate: 5 mg tid.
Warnings / Precautions
|Continuous admin of this drug is not recommended if no improvement in GI symptoms is observed after 2 wk of admin. Elderly, renal impairment, hepatic impairment.
|Diarrhoea, abdominal pain; dizziness; constipation; headache; insomnia; nausea.
|Mosapride concentration increased by erythromycin. May increase risk of QT prolongation with QT prolonging drugs.
See Below for More mosapride Drug Interactions
Mechanism of Actions
|Mosapride is a 5-HT4 receptor agonist which increases the release of acetylcholine and stimulates GI motility. It also has 5-HT3 antagonist properties.
Mosapride Containing Brands
Mosapride is used in following diseases
Drug - Drug Interactions of Mosapride
- FDA approves Ruconest for treatment of hereditary angioedema
- FDA recommend against aspirin to prevent First Heart Attacks
- FDA approves Pomalyst (pomalidomide) for advanced multiple myeloma
- FDA approves three new drug treatments for type 2 diabetes
- Long-term consequences of vaginal delivery on the pelvic floor