Prophylaxis of postmenopausal osteoporosis
Adult: As ossein-hydroxyapatite compound: 1660 mg bid.
|Hypersensitivity. Children <6 yr. Prolonged immobilization accompanied by hypercalciuria.
Warnings / Precautions
|Monitor serum calcium level during treatment. To be taken with vitamin D for maximal benefit. Caution when used in renally impaired patients.
|Risk of hypercalciuria.
|Biphosphonates may increase the osteoconductive and regenerative properties of hydroxyapatite when used together.
See Below for More hydroxyapatite compound Drug Interactions
Mechanism of Actions
|Hydroxyapatite is a natural mineral with composition similar to that of the mineral in bone. It is prepared from bovine bone and contains calcium, phosphate, trace elements, fluoride and other ions, proteins and glycosaminoglycans.
Hydroxyapatite Containing Brands
Hydroxyapatite is used in following diseases
Drug - Drug Interactions of Hydroxyapatite
- FDA approves Ruconest for treatment of hereditary angioedema
- FDA recommend against aspirin to prevent First Heart Attacks
- FDA approves Pomalyst (pomalidomide) for advanced multiple myeloma
- FDA approves three new drug treatments for type 2 diabetes
- Long-term consequences of vaginal delivery on the pelvic floor