Subacute and chronic psoriasis
Adult: Conventional treatment: As 0.1% ointment/paste (0.05% in very fair patients): Apply onto the affected lesions for a few hr before washing off. May increase strength gradually as required to 0.5-1% and the duration of contact extended to overnight periods or longer. Short-Contact Therapy: Apply in a soft base to the lesions for up to 60 minutes daily before washing off. May increase strength gradually to 0.1-2%. Protect surrounding unaffected skin by applying white soft paraffin.
|Acute or pustular psoriasis. Inflamed skin. Hypersensitivity.
Warnings / Precautions
|Avoid use on face, skin flexures, inner thighs, upper arms and genitals. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
|Burning sensation and irritation esp on perilesional skin. Hair and skin discoloration.
|D05AC01 - dithranol ; Belongs to the class of topical antracen derivative agent used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Dithranol Containing Brands
Dithranol is used in following diseases
Drug - Drug Interactions of Dithranol
- FDA approves Ruconest for treatment of hereditary angioedema
- FDA recommend against aspirin to prevent First Heart Attacks
- FDA approves Pomalyst (pomalidomide) for advanced multiple myeloma
- FDA approves three new drug treatments for type 2 diabetes
- Long-term consequences of vaginal delivery on the pelvic floor